Re: [MV] Brrrr!!

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 07:09:58 PST

>can a guy use propane to start off your beast as a booster?
I don't know if that would work but I can share an interesting
experience about using propane. I was driving my custom old
Chevy van and ran out of gas on an Interstate. I grabbed the
bottle of propane that is used with a Coleman Camp Stove.
This has a rubber hose attached to the outlet. After removing
the air cleaner from the carb, I inserted the tube into the
throat of the carb and turned the propane on. The truck started
right up! I did not have throttle control, but the rpm's were high
enough to get me going and into high gear. Made the first
exit, saw a lady mowing her lawn, figured she had to have
some gasoline around. She did, a 5-gallon can. I dumped it
in the van and went to a service station, refilled the can and
returned it to her.

>Ah! Proof that a) Joe has a lot of trucks and b) Joe has a lot of trucks
which got stuck. Now I am a true believer :-)

The problem turned out to be the nut behind the wheel... Me.
Joe Young