[MV] Additional warning for loading trailers

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:29:18 PST

my .02

Let me take space to relate this -- several years ago after returning home
from a long trip pulling loaded (loaded with Jeep) trailer behind my pickup;
I pulled latch to release ball and jacked tongue up off ball. Much to my
surprise the ball came out of hole in hitch on truck, the nut had come off
and trailer was only staying on by tongue weight. I have never used a
ball, sinced then, that does not have stud on it that sticks through truck
hitch. If I had been using the more poplar ones that have a bolt that
sticks through and screws into ball I would have lost trailer and load - at
a minimum - I hate to think what could have happened.

Everette

Not always correct; but never in doubt