Re: [MV] GOOD MILITARY HISTORY - Pacific island salvaging

From: Mark Copeland (copeland313@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 14:56:02 PST

Chuck,

There's a web site titled "Pacific Wreck Database"
http://www.pacificwrecks.com/
This site may answer your question.

Regards,

Mark J. Copeland
MVPA #23916
Webmaster, First Florida Chapter
Military Vehicle Preservation Association
http://www.flmvpa.org

--- Chuck <csimpson90@comcast.net> wrote:
> That makes me wonder how much stuff is still on
> all those islands. The other day there was a
conversation about salvaging vehicles from Russia but,
wouldn’t it be so much easier in the pacific. All you
have to do is transport it to the nearest beach load
it on a ship and be on your way. As far as political
reasons some of those islands are administered by the
U.S., Guam and Marshal are both U.S. held. Has anyone
ever gone to all those hundreds of islands the
> Japanese occupied and looked for remnants? Now grant
> it you wouldn’t find a Panzer but the Japanese had
some interesting vehicles that I'm sure would be worth
the effort.