Re: [MV] Columbia crew footage.

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 18:49:20 PST

> Who in their right mind would want to see the footage if it did show as
the shuttle broke up?!?!?

1: it would allow NASA to have some idea what occurred.
2: Personally it would be ... heroic to see how they faced death, if in
fact they knew they were about to die. The same can be said about soldiers:
how they face death is at least as important as how they faced life. And
Columbia's were the best of the best, to quote a corny phrase which
probably was true.

Movies do it a lot better than real life ( Bruce Willis, like him or not,
in Armagedon, staying behind to detonate the nuke and save the world
?) The very very few examples we get in real life mean SO much more.
IMSHO, they inspire me to make such a sacrifice if and when the need arises.

        Paul