Re: [MV] Columbia crew footage.

From: David Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 21:26:46 PST

If anything was on the tape and I doubt there was anything it would have
been a quick incomplete statement like oh s*%t" and then white light
(plasma) obviously there was a cabin failure at some point and it was
probably not at all like an airliner at 45,000 feet were the plane spills
its contents out like a thermos with the top ripped off it was probably more
like throwing a candle into the sun.
I have witnessed two catastrophic aircraft crashes and only in one did the
pilot get off a damit just before buying the farm. #1 F86 pan caked at 350
knots and fireballed (Mintner field) #2 P51 into the side of a hill at the
bottom of a loop it was the P51 pilot that realized he forget to reset his
altimeter to the airport he was flying over (Stead) and his apex was 50 feet
below the deck that pilot said damit just before buying the farm both were
very bad days both were friends and decorated veterans.

Dave