RE: [MV] Columbia crew footage. (alternative view)

From: Henry J. Fackovec (HFackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 04:59:43 PST

If the tape still existed, I would spring for a pay per view to watch it.
It's quality news material. Remember our motto " If it bleeds, it leads"

I would look at it for purely prurient interest as I do have a somewhat
different view on life and news: The media (for the most part) edits, sugar
coats and is afraid to show the real content of a story that ends badly.
Perhaps if Joe and Jane six-pack and the kids were watching the news over
dinner and CBS showed the real effects of a shooting, a plane crash, a
shuttle exploding... they could be shocked into making more informed
decisions about life.

With regards to the space program my hope is it would get them to them stop
and think "Hey maybe we should not be putzing around up there", and push
congress to spend the money we waste up there on more important projects
here on earth.

Hankie
"Ex NY Post photographer"