Re: [MV] 6V generator run as motor for testing

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 11:10:00 PST

Assuming one side of the armature and field winding are connected to the frame,
connect the remaining armature and field connections together and apply the
voltage between those joined terminals and the frame. This is called a shunt
connection.

Note: DO NOT apply voltage to the armature alone. The unit may overspeed or
suffer other damage if you do.

-John