Re: [MV] WARNING!!!! VENDORS !! 30th Annual East Coast Rally or The road to hell...

From: David Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 11:21:09 PST

I have been to hundreds of swap meets and lots of MVPA Conventions and you
can't please all the people at any time.....
It is true the ball rolls on and if this is the first time you have been put
out consider yourself lucky.
I asked the MVPA President years ago about a very important issue that had
happened to me and what I got was a pass the buck answer "its is up to the
locals putting on the show" and some cover a** stuff you do not want to
hear.
This kind of stuff has happened to me and friends many times. Ever show up
to a camp out and swap meet and someone else was given your spot even though
you had prepaid a rollover the year before and there was none left it
happens all the time in California.
Who gets hurt more me our the poor sucker I made tear his tent down and pack
up his parts and get out.....
The issue I refer to was at an MVPA convention in Oregon years ago I had
brought my newly restored prototype 1940 Bantam Trailer to show, it was pre
registered and put inside with the prototype Jeeps on Friday night and
locked up in the building. Well the next Morning I get to the building to
open up my vendor table and I walk to get a cup of coffee and guess what my
trailer is missing... well this really pissed me off. I went to find the
gentlemen running the show will call him Mr. X to protect the dumb and
dumber this person tells me they moved it outside so they could move some
stuff around that morning. So me and my brother in-law Kim run outside just
in time to see it leaving hitched to the back of a Ford pickup... Well after
some heated word a couple wrinkled shirt lapels on the driver who by the way
said he "mistook it for his that he left here yesterday" and he said was
sorry to the security guard and the local Barney Fife who let him go on his
way as long as he promised to never do it again.
My point if you are complacent enough to think the persons running these
shows and swap meets give a sh** about you and your issues forget about it
you need to call the day after last years show is over to pay in advance and
get receipts. Then get really mean when they scr** you. By not showing up
they have won. You need to get a large crowd of pissed off people and go to
war on them do not for one minute think by staying home you have done a
thing to hurt them you actually helped them prove that it will just go away.
meaning the problem and you. Go get in there face, talk bad about them, make
there day, every chance you get.... Why make it easy for them.

Dave