Aberdeen Proving Grounds visit

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:20:45 PST

I visited APG today. For those who wish to visit the base you now must enter through the gate on Route 175 you can not enter through the Route 22 gate the usual way one entered if they exited Interstate 95. You have to give a MP your license and registration and wait while they hide in a shed and write up a pass. Took about 15 minutes so plan for the delay if you are going.

As expected there was no other visitors in the museum, according to the cashier in the gift shop the museum has been pretty dead with the added security.

I did see the lot where they have placed all the vehicles they pulled off of the row on 175. Most are in pretty poor shape.

Thanks,
Rick