Re: [MV] Ferret dash light

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 08:51:23 PST

Dave wrote:

>Can anybody tell me if there is an equivalent bulb here in the states for
>the dash light on a Ferret Mk1?
  Dave,
    A good place to get odd type bulbs is Bulb Direct. I believe their web site is Bulbdirect.com

    Your Ferret is a Canadian one so items that fit the British units might not fit the Canadian modifications done to these vehicles.

By "Canadian" I mean that it was built in England but used by the Canadian Armed Forces.

BTW......If you sand the paint over the drivers hatch VERY carefully and slowly, you will find the original Canadian registration number for the vehicle. It will look something like this.... 54-12345. The first two numbers are the year of the vehicle, ie. 54 = 1954.

Jim Gilmore

1954 CDN "Field mouse" Mk-1
1960 Saladin 04-ED-78