Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 07:22:14 PST

I tried removing the short drive shaft to the rear-rear axle on my CCKW
to improve mileage. I found that with the truck unloaded, that it would get
stuck easily if I got into a very slight frame twist situation. I woud have
use the front drive to rescue me. I decided to neuter the font end instead
by removing the front drive flanges and replacing them with ALU covers.
All my WW2 trucks have thes covers for the summer with the real flanges
kept under the seat in a bag for easy replacement should I need the front
drive. It is quite a bit quieter with the front drive not turning!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce