Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 06:11:05 PST

> > Driving home I noticed that I seemed to have a bit more power, a
> > blessing in my 'under-powered' truck with an S-280 in the bed. I will
> > do a mileage test next time I go to visit Mr. Haney. 7.7MPG is the
> > figure now. Results to come!

Now that got me to thinking. I have figured up about what I will spend on
fuel in the convoy and show trip in May and it comes to around $400 at
today's diesel prices. Obviously anything I do to improve this will make a
difference on this trip. Does anyone else out there have any fuel saving
tips for the big multifuel powered beast? I'm not above removing the final
drive shaft if that will help and won't cause trouble.

Sorry but the air resistance of the ring mounted gun is not a consideration.

Joe Trapp