Re: [MV] Need a Harmonic Balancer for my 6.2L M1008

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 14:25:27 PST

Hi Bruce...

> My engine has the wobblies!!!

Its a DIESEL. It is supposed to wobble! ;)

>Does anyone know where to get a Harmonic Balancer
>that is not too far from California (they're heavy!) but has good parts.
>I really don't want to go thru this twice. It's my daily driver though
>so I need it pretty quick.

LMC Truck sells them for the 6.2 Diesel for $99.

  www.lmctruck.com

By the way, LMC Truck is a great resource for CUCV owners. They carry
a LOT of stuff, and much of it is quite reasonably priced. They even
have stuff like the outside side mirrors in black that can be painted
nicely with CARC or CARC substitute (only $20 each).

I think that Summit Racing might carry the harmonic balancers for the
6.2 Diesel, but they're probably more expensive there.

Good luck.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net