Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - tire cupping

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 06:00:05 PST

You fellows made some good points about your concern for mpg
with a deuce (or whatever). I know that the lockout hubs I put
on my deuce helped get better mpg, but I never knew what I was
getting, so I don't know how much I gained. The reason I figure
the mpg is better is the difference in the way the truck drives. Smoother and feels like it has more power (less drag
holding the truck back). I didn't need the hubs or the power
steering that I bought from Inter Agency Motor Pool. I sell these items snd have them on my truck for demonstration purposes. Lockouts, high grade diesel, conditioner, properly
inflated tires and clean filters all help. A cargo cover does
not help. More wind resistance.
As to front tires cupping, it's my understanding the front end
is designed for usually carrying heavy loads. When running
empty, the cupping starts.
Joe Young