While perusing MV books....

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 12:10:39 PST

   Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!! Or should that be Will Shakespeare?

       A news story I saw at noon time today on a Boston NBC affiliate....
     While perusing MV books, be careful what you buy or get out of the
local library. Under the Patriot Act, the nice folks in the Homeland
Security Proletariat have the authority, and libraries and book sellers are
required to provide to them, a listing of what books you borrow or buy. So,
try not to buy a book explaining the Koran and Islamic teachings at the same
time as the ' History of Top Secret Nuclear Weapons' and '101 Fun Things to
do with Diesel Fuel'. No guidelines, just what might seem 'suspicious' to
LEO folks. Anything like books dealing with subjects on the Mideast,
Muslims, Islamic, Terrorism, WMD, Sabotage, SERE and weapons qualify as a
"trigger" at the checkout counter or register.
    Can you say "Ripe for Abuse"?
    Run for lives!! We're from the gubbamint and are here to protect you
from yourselves.
    "Drop that library card and step away from the stacks and no one will
get hurt!".

    And you thought Fahrenheit 451 was just a story....

Bonzo III