Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 12:46:22 PST

There is no "Flange". There is an axle shaft with a cap welded on. My
proposed product will use a new axle shaft, rifled at both ends. The piece
of machinery that produces the rifling is called a "broach".

The hub and axle will have a feature (as yet undetermined) that will keep it
keyed into the diferential at the proper location. The hubs will be slightly
diferent than the current ones, in that they will not require a spacer, as
the geometry is not the same as on the front.

Yes, large (civilian) trucks use an inter-axle diferential, called a power
divider. Military trucks have historically not used them, as they weigh a
bit, and the military has always gone the cheaper, more reliable route.
Without a power divider, one less thing to break in combat.

However, our motto is "For Combat, Work or Play" and therefore, we strive to
introduce products for all three.

 apbloom