Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 21:26:44 PST

There is always a case of custom items being costly. If a person
chooses to buy a vehicle which was very large and costly such as the
M35, which therefore requires large and expensive heavy duty parts,
then it is all the more costly to make these custom items.

For comparison, how much are the 'little' selectro hubs for the chevy
blazer? how much does it cost for an aftermarket air conditioning kit
for a car? How much to add power steering to a car? Yow! All
comparable for vehicle size I bet.

I've been looking at hardtops. You betcha they are expensive too!

For me, I really can't afford the M35 power steering, but that is my
problem, not M35products' problem, and I see no reason to complain. I
will just steer the truck like the big burly man that I am, and not
whine about it. It's nobody's business, but I had saved up for two
months to buy those hubs.

If a product comes out for dealing with the rear axle and I can't
afford it, I will at least lust after it a little.. but complain?
naahh..

This said, "I drive the M35 300 miles a month and I volunteer to
'beta-test' the rear axle disconnector thingie". (beta-testing is how
you get free software, maybe it will work for MV accessories).