Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 06:47:01 PST

>It runs in my mind that you can buy a gearbox that is installed between
>the transmission and the differential to make like an overdrive.

Spicer had a a whole series of them, the 5831 would be a good one but the
drive shafts would get kind of short with that in there. Might be better off
with a road ranger tranny with an overdrive (multiple overdrives in other
words), that would be longer and you'd have to move the t-case back but
you'd still have some length on the output drive shaft.

>..if the
>truck has enough extra power...

That's the rub, from my impression of driving mine, it simply runs out of
power, really does not matter what you do with gear ratio's at that point.

later,

je