Re: [MV] Recent Discussions (limited MV content)

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 14:44:46 PST

At 5:22 PM -0500 3/12/03, Jason Herr wrote:

>I wonder if why we aren't focusing on the folks that could use some support.
> I'm talking about folks who use todays MV's in the field. My wife's
>cousin is an example. He's in the field, and gets care packages from us, his
>folks, his fiance, and he passes some along to folks in his group. While I
>am planning on sending more to him, and to his unit (no names, no divisions,
>no branches intentionally) by sending it to "ANY SOLDIER" at his mailing
>address. There are folks who have been working on an more personal
>alternative to this sort of thing.

I was just thinking about this. When I take the ferret out I tend to
think about the troops in the field now, just across from the Iraqi
frontier.

Perhaps us MV types need to fly banners imploring folks to think of
the soldiers, regardless of political views on the military action
itself.

> http://groups.msn.com/hugstokuwaitadoptasoldier has been reported on
>by CNN/HN. (We have a CNN guy on the list, I'm hoping he could pass it along
>that this is not found on their website) You sign up, and get a mailing

This'd be me I think. I've sent it to our interactive divisions
news-editors list.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -