Re: [MV] [MV]Humor?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 04:31:59 PST

Sorry to hear of your dilemma Joe. I think we can all count on two thing
any more, and if you have stuff like MV's and guns this is especially true.

Law enforcement, at least here in SC, walk on glass. Every time they do
something like shoot a thug that has been in jail five times and has a gun
in his hand pointing it at them they get put under a microscope. Thanks to
some of the fine folks out there like Rodney King, who some folks say should
have gotten his but kicked, cops get looked at as bullies. I love police
because I don't do anything illegal (nobody counts speeding). I know a
dozen or so personally and I worry about there safety.

The people that manage our criminal justice system are under the same
microscope. I have family that work for our prosecutors. They make their
best call on most things, but if something goes wrong, you guessed it, it's
their fault. If they make a deal with some one because they know they can't
get a conviction, they become the bad guys and everyone forgets about what
the criminal did and they want to hang the lawyer, most of which who make
less than their civil colleges.

My point is I believe most of the people I have mentioned don't want to
treat people like dirt. If they left us alone under certain circumstances
and we were that odd ball that did something real dumb, the public would cry
"WHY DIDN'T THE POLICE DO ANYTHING TO STOP THIS?

My mom thought me to avoid the appearance of evil. I always hated that as a
kid, but she was right. I think it is safe to say having army surplus stuff
puts most of us in the NUT CASE category. That's why it is important to act
sane the rest of the time.

Got'a go out and check my deuce over, hook up the trailer and go pick more
trucks.

Good luck Joe and remember a bad day makes a better day tomorrow more
likely.
Joe Trapp