Re: [MV] Sears

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 04:19:02 PST

Most of the guys on another board I visit are in agreement that the
Craftsman ratchets made today are not what they used to be and are
leaning away from Sears. I have a set of their sockets that have the
deep chamfer on the backside...and the only ones that make their sockets
like that are the orientals. Stamped "Made in USA"...but I kinda feel
like I know better. None of the rest of their sockets were like that.
One of the three ratchets is bad too. My advise would be to go to an
estate or other sale and buy used that are made when quality was good
and have proven themselves. Fred Martin