Re: [MV] Re Sears/Tools

From: John Seidts (jseidts@astory.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 06:14:47 PST

Proto tools are grown out of Plumb tools, which made tools on contract for
the USAF and NASA, amongst others. Another brand that is a sleeper is
EASCO, which made many for the US Government, and also made them for
Craftsman (back when Craftsman was on par with Snap On). I have several,
and they are extremely well made.

If you haven't looked recently, Craftsman tools have a new look, and seem to
be of higher quality than recent years. Of course, they are more expensive.
I bought a replacement ratchet head, and it is very nice.

By the way, I buy old Plvmb tools, with the v instead of u, if you have any.