m-37 and the french (How about that for a topic)

From: fred@militaryvehicle.org
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 07:54:49 PST

Mv content- Still looking for a m-37 w/w in the northeast that I can adopt at
the right price.
If your truck is getting in the way and needs a new home, or you need (a little)
cash to buy that M1A1 and have to part with your weapons carrier, contact me on
or off list. I think that it is the perfect first HMV for me. Parts plentiful,
historic, small enough to fit in my garage.

The French- And even though I believe that the Democrats stole the election in
1960, Royce, I've forgiven them. It only took 30 some odd years (and,
unfortunately, an assassination or two). Political wounds run deep.

I think both sides in 2000 were trying to gain advantage in the courts. Both
threw fairness in the dumpster. The fair thing to do would have been to quickly
recount all of the close states where voting was in question, using fair and
uniform rules. But that didn't happen.

I think that a lot of the rhetoric on Iraq, and every other political subject is
a remnant from the election. Some supporters are so vehement because they are
still in Florida attack mode, and realize that their guy cannot get reelected
unless the war goes well. And the same is true for the other side. They want
blood for the perceived wrong. Selected, not elected. I wonder how many people
are really that concerned about the Iraqi people. Myself included, god forgive
me.

Hopefully the 2000 election will also eventually pass from our collective
memory, but the last one took a long time to.

Which brings us to the French. Finally, a subject everybody can agree on!