[MV] Basic Question #3419

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 11:40:30 PST

If it stops raining I'm hoping to clean the brake bleeding nib areas on the
deuce. The front, at least, is covered by a couple inches of grease, dirt
and crapola.
I was going to spray them with brake cleaner and wipe/shovel out the gunk
but remembered someone on list saying one shouldn't mix brake cleaning
spray with something...

1: true? What was it to avoid?
2: CV Boots are present in the muck but certainly not mounted.. sort of
stuck in the gunk and hanging there.
     I'll have to move the truck a little before I can get to pulling the
old boots and installing new ones with grease...
     If no high or even medium speed travel is contemplated, does anyone
see a problem with brake cleaner getting into
     the area under the open boots? ( need to pull into the street, back
into the pit as it grows, etc )

Mandatory Political Content : Interesting comment from Royce about
Chad. Wonder why the leftist/liberal press didn't notice that? Or is
there still a liberal press in America?

Thanks for the information!

        Paul
        MVPA #24986