Finally found my diesel leak

From: Rick Roberts (kingkozy@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 15:24:48 PST

Hi All,

For quite a while I've had a small diesel leak on the air cleaner side
of my non-turbo deuce. It wasn't bad for quite a while so it was hard
to find. Well today while running the engine to recharge the batteries,
I finally found it. It is dripping from what I believe is the fuel
injector for the manifold heater. It seems to be leaking from the cover
under a snap ring, but after disassembling the thing, I can't get the
cover off, (yes I removed the snap ring...) I found all the little
pieces that tried to escape and I can put it back together, but it will
probably still leak. I guess the diesel is coming from the return line
that ties into the regular injectors. I certainly haven't needed the
manifold heater much. So, any ideas on how to get the cover out and is
there a seal or oring in there that I can replace, or does anybody have
one I can buy?

Rick Roberts
Owner of drippy Daisy...