xm211, cckw, help!

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 21:07:58 PST

Hello List,

I was looking for a M35A2, but i found out that a local farmer has 2 CCKW's,
(I think they are 1953's), model XM211. So, I am looking for some
information about them. I have heard that the transmissions and or transfer
cases are prone to failure. Is there truth to this? I am pretty sure it has
a 302 inline 6 cylinder. One thing i was thinking about, is it practical to
throw something like a small block chevy 305 in there? I have one lying
around i could pop in there if it would work. I might be able to get it for
cheep, so i guess i am also asking would it cost more in the long run
because of transmission failure, etc. Also, i dont know what kind of
mechanism engages the fron end. thanks a lot for any help, as usual i am
asking tons of questions!!

Thanks again,

Caleb