Re: [MV] M1009 mpg ?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 22:01:32 PST

I'd get it down to a shop that has the 6.2 Timing tool and have the timing
checked pronto. Most if not all ex-military 6.2's come out with the timing
way off. Poor fuel economy is a major alarm for the timing being anywhere
but where it belongs. Fuel economy 13 MPG first thing I'd check is the
timing, remember the "KISS" principle I'll bet your power is nothing to
write home about either.

James Shanks
MVPA 23128
1998 IMZ 8.103 Russian OD paint job right from the Factory. (Built in the
original plant in Irbit, Siberia, Russia. Comes complete with sidecar. Sold
in US as The
Ural Tourist.
www.ural.com
1984 HD FLHT-C