Re: [MV] Tool for Duece lug nuts

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 04:56:14 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ball" <vought@msn.com>

> That wrench looks like it only does the single nut not the stud or does
the
> wrench flip end for end and also do the inner nut/stud on the dualie inner
> rear tire as well.
> Man that thing is not cheap!!!!
>
> Dave

I'm sure I am stating the obvious, but I bought a socket for $20 that will
fit the nut and the stud in 3/4 drive, cheap air hose ($15?) and I have a
friend that has a couple of old 3/4" impact wrenches that he is going to
give me one of first chance I get. If you have a deuce which has air over
hydraulic you might be able to get set up like me for less than the ebay
wrench. You might could find an impact wrench at a flea market or a tool
repair shop that is rebuilt or something. A new 3/4 drive impact would be
expensive, but it would still take some of the work out of it.

As a side note, the socket I bought needs an extension or long shanked
wrench to remove the studs on the read axles. Them buggers are a tight fit.

Joe Trapp