Dual wheel wrench.

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 05:05:43 PST

The geared wrench mentioned in a few previous posts and on EPAY is the handy
one for stubborn duals on Budd Wheels and is probably the same style as the
one I mentioned last week which was on the GSA auction at St Albans,
Vermont. Remember that a service call from a Truck Tire Shop starts at
about $100....so a wrench that you can use several times in your life at the
same price and loan to your buds or rent to those who are not so close is a
bargain at $100. Try skinnying down a M123 by hand without one and you
will understand... I stopped bidding on the one at GSA (Ken Tool #40543)
at $77 because of the $25 increments and the fact that I already have a nice
new one I bought at Churchville #1. If you do any of your own tire work
on Budds, you deserve to have one of these fine instruments in your little
toolbox...You unlucky ones, including me, missed one at $35 at Lowell just a
week ago..remember now.. I have the 3/4 x 30" handles for this and all Budd
Nut wrenches for sale at $5 ea and will have a handful at Dover this coming
weekend.. Bill Peaslee pay attention: If it is as cold as last year both
in and outside of the Armory I am going to complain to the SPCR. Society
for the Prevention of Cruelty to RAMs. Happy bidding..its gonna be above
30 degrees here for the first time this year, I think, today and I can load
my trailer without having to wear Mickey Mouse Boots and Arctic trigger
finger mittens.. RAM