Re: [MV] An open letter to the list

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 16:33:11 PST

At 2:03 PM -0800 3/16/03, Jonathan Boos wrote:

>ranting to MV information exchange has increased dramatically! I have been
>on this list for the last 9+ years and used to get 6-10 emails a day. Now it
>is up to 50-70 per day. While I still love the hobby and I know this list
>has done wonders to unite people of the same interests, I long for the days
>when Arthur would flame your butt good for posting political opinion or
>anything else not having direct MV relevence. Many of the listers would
>chime in as well.

The thing that is apparent, is that as people become more friendly
and knowing of each other, off topic digressions tend to be more
acceptable in the general forum. Its just a fact of life as far as
I've determined in the age of massive numbers of people on lists.

I recall the days where rec.moto was very much about motorcycles with
only the occasional flame, now its filled with flames and even the
old timers from 9 years back, only post there occasionally to toss a
bit of bait out there.

Digression is to be expected among friends. Not really bad if you ask
me. My biggest pet peeve is folks that don't trim their posts or
change subject lines. That makes digest or filters harder to use.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)