Re: [MV] Radio Set I.D. found the model numbers

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 20:40:23 PST

Here you go:
these and others old milrad specs are online at:

http://hereford.ampr.org/

and seems to require internet explorer to use the menus. These also
have schematics online if you want to get those beasts working. Check
if you have crystals installed or not.. They are in the front close to
the channel pushbuttons.
=============
Radio Receiver, BC-603
JAN Type: BC-603
Nomenclature: Radio Receiver
Reference: TM 11-600
NSN: 2S4502-5/V97
Weight: 35
Mode: 30F3
Frequency Range: 20-27.9 MHz
Power Input: 12 or 24 VDC
Number of Channels: 10 Push-Button Tuned Channels
Part of: VRC-5, SCR-508, SCR-528
Antenna: AB-15 with MS-117 and MS-118
SCR-508 and SCR-528.
Source: TM 11-487A, 28 Aug 50

=================
Radio Receiver, BC-683
JAN Type: BC-683
Nomenclature: Radio Receiver
Reference: TM 11-620 and TM 11-4036
Weight: 35
Mode: 30F3
Frequency Range: 27.0-38.9 MHz
Power Input: 12/24 VDC
Number of Channels: Continuous Tuning, 10 Presets, 120 Channels
Channel Spacing: 100 kHz
Replaced By: R-109
Part of: SCR-608, SCR-628, SCR-678
Antenna: Whip
range. It is used with several radio sets.
Source: TM 11-487A, 28 Aug 50

=================
Radio Transmitter, BC-604
JAN Type: BC-604
Nomenclature: Radio Transmitter
Reference: TM 11-600
NSN: 2S4502-5/V97
Weight: 67
Mode: 30F3
Frequency Range: 20-27.9 MHz
Power Input: 12 or 24 VDC
Power Output: 30 W
Number of Channels: 10 Crystal Controlled
Channel Spacing: 100 kHz