Re: [MV] Radio Set I.D. found the model numbers

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 11:43:18 PST

A smart tech could also convert these over to AM for CB use (no
protests about the legalities please). They could also be used on the
ham band from 21.1 to 21.45 MHz, although FM is seldom used there,
mostly SSB which would be impractical for a conversion. CW would be
easy. Since you have crystals, you would have a limited number of
channels, and have to have the crystals made. A transverter could be
made up that would put you in the 50-54 MHz ham band, which is mostly
FM (no protests about bandwidth please).