Re: [MV] Pep Boys and Due Process...

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:03:44 PST

At 12:50 PM -0500 3/19/03, Alan R Wise wrote:
>on 3/19/03 12:37 PM, Jim Newton at jnewton@laurel.com wrote:
>
>In reading the article, Pep Boys claim the firing had nothing to do with his
>military service, which of course would be illegal.

The problem is that according to the article:

In the lawsuit, Balodis' attorney, Andrea Watters, said Pep Boys
fired Balodis because his duties with the Navy were keeping him from
work. The suit says he told the company he was being called to
training in June of last year. On the day he reported for duty, he
was told by Pep Boys that we was being terminated for "job
abandonment."

They didn't cite poor performance.

Additionally, Military Service can't be one of several reasons for
termination. It can't factor in at all in the reason for termination.
The details that I have at this point would seem to indicate that
Baldois' was terminated due to his Military service obligations.

>So, all you guys attacking Pep Boys, what ever happened to DUE PROCESS?

I'm not attacking them, I'm just pointing out facts here.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -