Re: [MV] M-37 ignition troubleshooting

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 16:40:13 PST

Before you go too crazy with trouble shooting.....................this
sounds all to familiar of a problem. Check your points in the distributor.
If they are made in Mexico THROW THEM OUT!!! Put a american set in!!!!
Believe it or not it may be the case. I spent a weekend at a rally
Troubleshooting a problem very similiar. (Sound Famaliar GMMVCC
members???) We went through a set of points thinking the problem was
them...........back to carb then to ignition again. Finding that the
mexican points have side to side play on the shaft that they pivot on.
Screws up the timing and definatly makes the engine miss.

JEff