Possible MV overload?

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 09:03:46 PST

 Damn, the fact we have guys in danger over there AGAIN makes me ill.

    The fact that they are allowing such bizarre open news coverage is
driving me nuts.

    Watching the addictive NBC TV coverage of live, FOR REAL, transmission
of the 3rd ID on the move is FREAKING incredible! Like it's the Tournament
of Roses Parade or the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade or some other spectator
sport!!

    David Bloom is the 'imbedded' correspondent, and is 'stuck' to an M88
Recovery Vehicle and is now showing the M88's crew preparing to tow a
disabled M577 Command Track with a tow bar using low light cameras. Says the
desert 'tracks' are beating the crap out of the equipment. His camera
equipment allows on the move transmissions of the column and his ride seems
to have only 15 or so vehicles ahead of it. Has over 800 vehicles BEHIND it
in column (which is presently stopped for refueling).
    I'm curious who's putting out all the orange cones ahead of the column
which it is driving between (again like a parade). Wonder if we're gonna
start seeing signs on the RoM like we see in our interstate highway
construction areas, you know:

     " Pardon Our Appearance --- Regime Change in Progress ---- Building a
Better Iraq---- Be Prepared to Stop---PUSH 41.75 MHz for travel advisories
and delays--- DO NOT Exceed 65 KPH or 875 Rounds per Minute in Combat
Zones---Speed Fines DOUBLED In Combat Zones----Traffic Laws STRICTLY
Enforced By JSTARS, Apaches and Unmarked HMMWV's---DO NOT TAILGATE---If you
experience mechanical difficulties, Pull off to the RIGHT SIDE of the RoM
and STAY with Your Vehicle---Free Road Services provided by the CVS Good
Samaritan M88's ----ONSTAR is Unreliable within 75 miles of Baghdad-----Gen.
Tommy R. Franks, Commander, Provisional Governor of a Democratic Iraq ---
Have a GREAT DAY!!!! "

    The weather is approaching 62 degrees outside, but I can't leave the TV
because there is so MUCH MV video being transmitted that shows all these
views of troops and gear in action that we will never see again.

    BTW....NBC said a little while ago that B52's left Hereford England
about 7+ hours ago, showed their flight track, stated their loadout and said
they will be on station 'in the basket' off Baghdad in about 45 minutes or
so....don't know why, but this just seems SO wrong to be watching
this...like the ultimate accident rubbernecking or watching a train wreck.
Probably the only thing weirder would be watching live terminal flight
stages of Ballistic Nukes as they drop in on us......