Re: [MV] insurance on a cucv

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 09:45:05 PST

> He explained that the truck was in NJ and they asked
> why. He told them that he just bought it and had to go get it.
> They said: "You will not be covered for the drive home." Wow!

This is what I found with ALL of the antique/specialty brokers or insurers:
they REQUIRE a garage. A shelter will not suffice.
The only exceptions I've found to date were State Farm in Ca here, who
covered the truck for the 20 years before I bought it as a historic vehicle
but will not do so now unless I put it into (and I quote) " Parade Show
Quality ", and Gulfway who indicated I could keep the truck enclosed in my
fenced back yard and received coverage for about $350 per year. ( the state
farm policy was about $60 per year for the prior owner of the Deuce...
State Farm will insure it for me as is but the cost would be $1200 per
year: that's what I pay for my new Santa Fe and my '53 chevy combined! )

        Paul
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
        '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton