Re: [MV] insurance

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 09:53:42 PST

One warning about MV policies with Progressive Insurance:

The last time I checked ( 2 years ago ) they were writing with a Non ISO
form/policy. That means they wrote their own. The biggest deficiency I
found was that if you let your brother or friend drive the truck they would
have only the MINIMUM liability insurance required by the state. Here in
Ca, that means my brother would have $15000/$30000 for liability coverage
even tho my policy had a $500000 limit.

Each state is different, however in Ca the coverage follows the vehicle. (
except for rental cars: they pushed an exception through years ago ) Thus
most people expect the owners policy to cover them reasonably when
Progressive doesn't.

And Progressive doesn't tell you about this unless you ask.

Regards

        Paul