Re: [MV] Duct Heater trailer

From: Liberty Krueger (libertyk@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 23:27:04 PST

They are used by the airforce to preheat air cooled helocopter engines. Not
the newer turbines but the older piston type. Because the engines were air
cooled you couldn't use regular preheating elements which are installed in
the water jacket. These portable heaters were used to blow hot air around
the engine until it was warmed up in order to start it in cold weather.