Re: [MV] Gulf question

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 13:51:27 PST

Doc,

>The other option MAY be that they didn't get desert colored chemical suits
>and are wearing green ones.

Bingo. If you look carefully you will see most of these troops are
wearing desert camo underneath.

>In the first gulf war, they made a big deal about getting us the desert
>colored uniforms (issued in Saudi, not at home) but then when the war
>started, we all put on our green chemical suits!

Ironic, eh? Also, those ugly woodland NBC suits are covering up a lot of
the brand spanking new US Marine MARPAT uniforms which have only recently
been issued. Ironic that these high tech uniforms were rushed to the
front only to be covered up by old stock!

Steve