Re: [MV] CNN quote of the day

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 13:54:45 PST

>(Nominated for most "Duhh!" question from a journalist so far...)

Oh, I have seen FAR better than that. But I have purposefully blocked
them from my mind :-)

I think it should be a Crime Against Humanity to have reporters and
(especially) anchors who don't have a friggin clue about military ops,
equipment, or historical perspective. I have seen so many MTV twitch
questions ("why haven't we found this, done that, or seen this") than I
care to think of.

I also have stopped watching CNN. Their anchoring of this coverage is
horrible. I have been instead watching MSNBC and a newish 24hr cable
news channel that pipes in news from non-US sources. Their coverage is
in many ways superior and far more informative in general.

Steve