M1010 charging system/DUVAC installation

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 09:34:05 PST

List,
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the technical bulletin that shows
exactly how to install the DUVAC setup on the M1010 charging system? I might
be looking to buy one and install it, but I want to be sure I can find out
how to hook it up. I have a copy of the User's Guide for one, but it only
covers one alternator scenarios, and I want to know if there is anything
specific to the military setup (i.e. dual alternators).

    Alternately, is there anyway to use the factory hardware to properly
charge the front battery? I kind of doubt this, since the military added the
DUVAC to the mix, but you never know. I've looked at the wiring diagrams,
and I am going to check some voltages, but the existing regulator would need
to handle this properly.

    Thanks,
        Neil