Re: [MV] CNN quote of the day

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 12:11:59 PST

Ryan,

I personally have found less useful information on CNN than in the past.
 I started out watching CNN exclusively until I found myself sitting
there listening to a lot of the same thing over and over and over again.
 Generally with what I found to be very ill informed commentary. I then
switched to MSNBC which I had never watched before. I have not regreted
that decision. I only switch to Fox when both aren't doing anything
useful, and then only stay there if they aren't going off the wall about
something. Then I stumbled upon a Canadian/German based 24 hour news
channel which I find infintely better (on the whole) than all three,
provided I am not looking for live footage. I don't agree with the
Canadian anti-war slant of some of their guests, but then again I don't
see the US networks doing more than towing the party line for the most part.

In general, I am not impressed with the questions posed to military or
administrative officials. I think I could have asked far more informed
and meaningful questions when I was wet behind the ears Freshman in
college. The net result is a missed opportunity to get real information
from our leaders instead of obvious answers to stupid questions.

Just my opinion :-)

Steve

P.S. I wasn't slamming CNN for having a particular political slant.
 Just pointing out that if someone wants to accuse it of being
"communist", well... I heard the exact opposite from Turner's son.
 Neither surprise me.