Re: [MV] State Motto and transfer case project

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 12:08:40 PST

For the solenoid valve, a start would be the ASCO brand. They make multi
port solenoid valves in a variety of voltages, construction (water proof,
weatherproof, explosion proof) pressures and materials ( brass, iron,
stainless) . A 3 port, 3/8 dia pipe thread, 28 VDC, normally open ( power
off, for the high range side) or similar. Probably run around $40 each. The
rest of the stuff is probably available off the shelf, if you can find the
right shelf.
    I would expect the ram to be connected directly to the shift shaft under
the floor boards with the hand lever disconnected or cut off leaving just a
stub you could put a piece of pipe on to operate it in case of a ram or
system failure. I don't think you would want the lever flailing up and down
at the speed the shaft would have to work at to be quick enough to mimic the
hand throw. Someone could get hurt.
    And in the true sprit of Gov't RFQ, what's cost got to do with it?
    Ron