Re: [MV] CNN quote of the day

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 15:04:22 PST

At 5:37 PM -0500 3/24/03, Steve Grammont wrote:

>I love my country no matter what too. But that has nothing to do with
>ignoring reactionary elements which undermine it. Or hadn't you noticed
>that we have just started our SECOND WAR against a regime we put into
>place in order to have a non-communist/muslim government in the area?
>Hopefully this will finally put an end to the foreign policy of "yes, he
>is a bloody tyrant, but he is OUR bloody tyrant" thinking (I forget who
>said that, was it Kissenger?).

This is among one of the things that I think supports our efforts in
the region to remove him. He's a war dog from the cold war that
hasn't changed his tune. Therefore he needs to go. We put him in
power (more or less) and therefore its our responsibility to take him
out if he's stopped behaving.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -