Re: [MV] CNN quote of the day

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 09:20:13 PST

Dave,

Big mistake mixing Anti-American and any type of anti-war or disagreeing
with the bureacracy. If you want to get really pissed, check out the front
page article from the Wall Street Journal last Friday outlining where
George Bush gets his foreign policy ideas from. Terrorists and Al Queda
(sp?) are a minor part of the multicolumn article describing why Bush wants
this war. Support of Israel and further commercialization of the region
are right on top of the list of motives. Give that to a soldier who is
getting shot at and I think you would see one pissed off soldier.

I am pissed off because I know that there are shreds of truth in the
article. You read it yourself and if you don't get pissed off at Bush, you
are going to be madder than hell at the Wall Street Journal for being "Un-
American" as you say.

IMO, this war is simply wrong. It is not in America's best interest. Guys
are getting captured and killed over there so Bush can play nation builder.
 Since when have we been sucessful doing that? We put Saddam into power,
now American blood is taking him out. I totally support the troops, the
best thing we could have done was to never have entered this war and
jeopardized so many people. The best thing we can do now is to make this
quick and stabilize the region (if that is possible). The Iraqi's are
playing guerilla warfare not unlike Vietnam. What did we expect, for them
to line up to be shot? When we finally conquer or "liberate" the Iraqi's,
is everyone going to drop their weapons and support the American's? Are
you dreaming? So we conquer Iraq, don't we then have a whole bunch of
pissed off armed Iraqi's under our "control". And this is going to help us
how? How many Americans will die from sniper fire, suicide bombers, etc.
Occupation hasn't worked well with the Israelis over the Palestinians. Do
we think we can do better?

And who is next, North Korea? Didn't we fight a war with them before also?
 Where exactly does this stop? Flame on, but I'm pissed that we are losing
American men and women to support Bush's agenda. I grew up with Vietnam
body counts on TV and I didn't want to see this happen again.

Dave

--
Dave