5 Ton Axel sindel that is Cross Threded.

From: Kevin Strain / kstrain@earthlink.net (kstrain@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 18:35:05 PST

Kevin Strain here;
 I have a 5 Ton Rear axel that the outside wheel nut has come off when the truck was moving and cross threded the last 3/4 inch of the axel spendle. I have tried a thred chaser on the axel spendle to no avail. I tried taking off the inside
nut to run it over the cross threded portion of the axel, the inside nut stoped at the cross threded area of the axel.
  Does any one have any advise? The wheel is still on the axel.
Kevin Strain
kstrain@earthlink.net