Re: [MV] 5 Ton Axel sindel that is Cross Threded.

From: John Seidts (jseidts@astory.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 21:20:05 PST

If you don't have one in your tool box, it is time to get a thread
restoration file from McMaster Carr. They are inexpensive, and come in
various thread per inch (TPI) measurements. It is actually a file set up to
file multiple threads at the same time. I have used mine to restore several
very damaged Indian Motorcycle components, with great success. I wouldn't
be messing with ancient (bolts been tightened since before 1975) hardware
without one.