HUMVEE becomes a generic term

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 22:51:24 PST

One thing is for sure - with the amount of sound bites including the word
HUMVEE, it is now gaining public awareness and I am sure will now become
listed in the next batch of dictionaries as a generic term. It wont ever
have quite the kudos of the word Jeep, but I wonder if as an exercise, we
could make up some dictionary definitions of HUMVEE?

After all , though not a dictionary definition, Jeep also stands for Just
Enough Esential Parts ......
Dodge - Drive Only Down Grass Embankments

Be interested to hear your comments.
Nige