Re: [MV] M113s in Iraq

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 18:48:44 PST

Hi Ryan,

>Its an Infrared Recognition device I think.

Thanks for the confirmation.

>The AAV-7 was hit by an RPG-7 if I'm not mistaken.

I have yet to see a picture of it yet, but this is sorta within my area
of expertise. My collegues are of the opinion that the damage done to
the AAV7 was far in excess of anything a RPG could do. There also
shouldn't have been anything in the vehicle to have caused a catastrophic
explosion. The only conclusion therefore is that something MUCH bigger
hit it. Supporting evidence comes from the Marines who are on the record
as calling the enemy's weapon, which was mounted on the back of a pickup
truck, as being a "TOW" like weapon.

Steve