M35 hardtop

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 16:10:42 PST

I finally got a hardtop for the Duece. I traded for it locally since I
could not spare the cash rignt how. It's in good mechanical shape with
the sliding glass in the back, but the insulation and 'headliner' are
not very good. I think I'll need to pull that down and re-insulate.

One question: The top, at the rear corner of the drivers door, has a
small misalignment between the upper and lower parts. The gap is not
in the horizontal plane, but it looks as if the top part is moved
forward on the bottom part in that area. How does this happen, is it
common, and could it be the result of the two parts being from
different kits?

I am sure this is clear as mud..